Coming Soon: Thaipussam Penang 2008

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 5:59 PM | , | 2 comments »

Hey people...Sorry for MIA these few days...I was very busy with Thaipusam shooting @.@ Seriously I can actually desclare myself for completing an almost complete Thaipusam pilgrimage. For more than 20 years staying in Penang, I was never involved in any Thaipusam celebration. This week, I watch with my very own eyes how they transfer the god idol from charriot to the temple, the process of putting on the piercing and how they remove em(ops not in my camera), how they bathe the god idol with milk, how tired it is to run up the hill =.= yes run, throwing tons of coconut till my hands almost fell off and of course hunting for the best muruku.

Long story short, I will compile up some videos and put it here soon. Of course an event like Thaipusam can be a gastronomic adventure. So much to see....Stay tune : )

Happy waiting : )

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // January 30, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

    Aiseh, on Thaipusam that day I only stayed in Bayan Lepas.. heard got problems stirring up in town via sms

    LOL you went to throw coconuts =.= Bet your photos must be interesting :)

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // January 30, 2008 at 10:37 PM  

    oh no lah not so teruk...they only walk past the temple area. It's done peacefully. So to the rest of the readers please dun spread wrong message around!

    haha can u imagine if u are standing in between 2 small area where ppl throw coconut as strong as their heart can go? fuiyoh...sungguh power.