Felt like Floating on Cotton

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 4:41 PM | , | 11 comments »

It's the *lost count* 8th week now. I am soooo going to miss my housemate. Yesterday she ta pao me a small packet of tong yuen in soy milk.


My housemate always raved about it and now I finally get to try :) Indeed a small packful of richness. Cottony soft glutinous rice balls, silky smooth thick soy milk (minus the hangus smell), finely grind black sesame and peanut fillings.

I wonder when I can have my glutilicious dessert again...haih...Housemate told me the stall opens at night in Perak Road. I...must...get...there...soon...

Happy rolling~

PS:
The tong yuen stall has move to a new place...

Location:
New Lane Cafe (Opposite Sunway Hotel)
40 New Lane, Penang.

Business Hour:
7pm - 11pm (Closed on Mondays)

Also available at:
Friday Pasar Malam
Jalan Van Praagh (Off Jalan Perak),
Penang.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

11 comments

  1. J2Kfm // June 20, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

    perak road? which shop? the road is long, with lots of coffee shops, but somehow the jam and the narrow road forced us to drive through without a chance to stop and look around.

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // June 20, 2008 at 8:03 PM  

    j2kfm:
    near the perak road market. There is a traffic light there and a newly built building.

  3. CK Lam // June 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

    The soya bean is nice...you should also try the red bean soup version with the same tang yuen. Made a review of this place : http://tmytmz.blogspot.com/2008/04/dessert-tang-yuen.html

    Happy rolling

  4. Anonymous // June 21, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

    I love my tong yuen in tau foo far... available at the SS2 night market every Monday. Near Wai Sek Kai. :)

  5. Cokeworld Citizen // June 21, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

    ck lam:
    wooo that combo I also like. Everytime a weddding dinner serves that I will wallop about 3 bowls :)
    Redbean soup is great too! Thanx for leading me to your review ya.

    kenny:
    SS2 so far away :( wonder when I would have the time to venture ss2 for food. I have yet to take KTM to Seremban for the beef noodle (at the market wan)!

  6. Big Boys Oven // June 22, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

    this looks incredible delicious, I will want one packet too!

  7. Cokeworld Citizen // June 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

    big boys oven:
    hmmm sounds like hulk...incredible and its green XD lol

    1 packet sure not enough wan...

  8. Precious Pea // June 27, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

    Yumzz...never tried this combo before but thanks to Kenny, now i know where to find.

  9. Cokeworld Citizen // June 29, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

    precious pea:
    yupz yupz...should try...

  10. wmw // June 29, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

    I love tong yuen, had tong yuen at Charms...two biji in soya milk for RM3.90!!!

  11. Cokeworld Citizen // June 29, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

    wmw:
    O.o omg 2 biji oni wor...so the tong yuen had gold flakes izzit? XD