I was suppose to meet up with my friend until W ppk-ed (pang poey ki in hokkien) me :S and X-Man Origins didn't turn out to be as great as I'd thought. Bad day (not enough sleep) and bad movie. At least, the gelato was something good :P

I saw an ice cream stall afar near G Hotel's back entrance while I walked along the Gurney Plaza Alfresco. The word "Gelatomio" was enough to make me walk over and check things out. A chef was just about to move the ice creams into the cart and its manned by Jose (G-Hotel worker) from the Phillipines.

A friendly guy and he was kind enough to explain which are the top sellers among the available choices. Practically, "Oreo & Cream" was the only flavour that needs frequent stock ups :) By the way, no one bought "Wildberries" so far. Anyhow, I still wanted liquor-ish ice cream.

"Rum & Raisin and Orange Cointreau, please."

I decided to forgo lunch and save the money for gelato...RM11 nett for 2 scoops of gelato leh. The price were reasonable and he gave huge scoops :D So no complain lah.

Although tables were placed near the stall, you can still choose to sit at the buffet area's smoking zone. Hmm maybe asked if its possible? I bought the ice cream while the cart was still in front of the back entrance of G Hotel.

The Rum & Raisin was superb. At least it tasted like "Rum & Raisin" not "Cream & Raisins" :P Every spoon was packed with distinctive Rum flavour and there were a lot of raisin chunky bits. The ice cream was smooth and I enjoyed it alot.

Orange Cointreau was packed with the liquor smell. French Orange Cointreau liquor always has the nice subtle orange smell. Don't worry, I believe the liquor was evaporated during the process of making the ice cream. It was also as smooth as Rum & Raisin.

However, I find the gelatos sweeter than it should be. And it could be because I bought it before the gelatos had the chance to be freezed again, so they melt quite fast :P Fortunately the wafer cone wasn't sweet and I munch them while shoving spoons of gelato into my mouth :D

I also realised the menu stated "99% fat free". Hmm I think prefer 100% whole milk XD

Jose also added that the ice cream stall was set up by G Hotel and still on trial basis to check on the price and flavours. The flavours would be changed weekly (if I heard him correctly).

Besides that, I thought serving a glass of ice water would be nice for those who wanted to sit down and enjoy the ice cream.

Would try more next time around. And yeah, I, satu orang, walloped the whole double scoop cone :)

Note:
My mistake. Should have checked out Gelatomio's website. Apparently, the owner is Italian and the gelato are locally produced.

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

6 comments

  1. New Kid on the Blog // May 19, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

    I have not try this ice cream... always have doubt on it, probably I've pampered myself too much on those ice cream in KL. hahahaha

  2. Lingzie // May 19, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

    the gelato good eh? guess they wanna rival gelatissimo right opposite! saw this last week but was too full from dinner liao... must try one of these days!

  3. J2Kfm // May 19, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

    saving for lunch, but instead went for double scoop.

    salute you lah .... =P

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // May 20, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

    NKOTB:
    Oh hahaha I think it really depends which brand you like.
    But like I say, non fat free ice cream is better :)

    Lingzie:
    Ya it was ok. Haha I saw Gelatissimo has 30% discount when I pass by.

    J2Kfm:
    Hahaha ice cream so mahal. So I can only choose 1 :P

  5. cariso // May 21, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

    Ha, i used to use FFK (fong fei kei in cantonese). I will chk it out one day for sure on this Gelato stall!

  6. Cokeworld Citizen // May 22, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

    cariso:
    Hayo...you all ah...FFK people very song izzit?

    Haha try lah. The price nett. So still acceptable :P