Immediately after knowing the location of the banana pancake stall from Lingzie's recent post, I quickly make my way there the next day...lol... I called W and he gladly agreed to follow. So both of us went to town as a mini motorcycle team :D It was an early Saturday morning, so riding along Beach Street was fun and pleasant. Well compare to weekdays, its considered good already lol...

The coffeeshop was easy to spot. One can see it immediately after turning into Church Street (off Beach Street). But of course, its a whole different story if you're going there during weekends. No one would be honking madly at you if you're slow while taking the corner and scout for the shop :P

Just in case you're not sure... I took the picture below while standing in front of the shop. Church Street is located directly opposite India House at Beach Street :)

(Click the picture below for a better view)
Once we spotted the pancake aunty, we were so happy. Hahaha...Actually, its me who was very happy XD

W and me decided to order RM5 of pancake with an additional egg, so RM5.50 :D Yeah additional egg makes a lot of difference! Yumz~

Pancake Ah Ee would firstly scoop some pancake batter onto the hot plate, spread it, cracked an egg onto batter and spread the mixture again, evenly in a circular motion. So in our case, she cracked an extra egg for additional 50 sen :)

At this point, I could not really smell the pancake...yet...

Immediately after that step, she sliced in some ripe bananas. Then in goes the butter (a lot), flipped the pancake into half and wait for it to cook further.

Finally, smells of yummy pancake with banana and lots of butter starts wafting to my nose...Smells of yummylicious and slightly oily pancake...hahaha...Don't say I didn't warn you...

With a sprinkle of sesame seeds, it was ready to be served :D

W can't wait to munch on the pancakes XD Whatever it was, he cannot touch the pancakes until I finished snapping pictures ;)

Not too sweet, not very oily (for me) and very fragrant butter smell. Due to the extra egg, the pancake smells much nicer. Just look at those slightly caramelised banana and raisins...

Aih I absolutely missed the pancakes a whole lot...I can still remember the taste when I first savour it more than 5 years ago. I was renewing my passport and back then the process takes a super long time to complete. Thus, we went to the coffeeshop (now closed) next to Standard Charted Bank for breakfast. I never had banana pancakes before, so I ordered it. Since then it became my favourite banana pancake :) I have tried pancakes in Sin Kim San and a Pulau Tikus coffee shop but both fell short. In other words, they can just stand aside lol...

I think the environment of the eatery plays a huge role here. Eating classic pancakes on a marble table of an old kopitiam does contribute a few points. Don't you feel so?

Location:
**The aunty has moved to a new location at Jalan Macalister Sin Kim San Kopitiam or Hong Kong Dim Sum (opposite Esso petrol station)


Opening time:
Tuesday - Sunday
9am - 2pm (be early because she might finish before 2pm)

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

13 comments

  1. J2Kfm // July 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

    great stuff. rmbr ck told me bout this place. or was it lingzie? maybeboth. haha ...

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // July 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

    J2Kfm:
    Thanks. Both actually hahaha. CK told Lingzie and she went there and she posted about it :)

  3. Krista Goon // July 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

    Hi JM: That looks absolutely yummy. Must remember to try it when I am around this area. I didn't know about this banana pancake.

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // July 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

    MayaKirana:
    Thanks :) I didn't know the aunty moved there for almost 1 1/2 years. It's great to know she's still around selling good pancakes.

  5. wmw // July 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

    Mamma Mia! Looks so yummy! Must look up this place when I make a trip there. Thanks!

  6. Cokeworld Citizen // July 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

    wmw:
    It was heavenly. Hehe no problem!

  7. jason // July 10, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

    It looks absolutely divine! :D

  8. Cokeworld Citizen // July 10, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

    Jason:
    Hahaha The pancakes looks as if its glowing XD Smells and taste divine..yummy

  9. buzzingbee // July 10, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

    ohhh got to make my way there soon!!!

  10. Rebecca Saw // July 19, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

    Oh yes! i luv this too! KL dun have!
    And yup, tht blardy stall in Cathay, PT one is so not as good, snobbish somemore! hate ppl like tht!

    Heehe..glad tht this stall doesnt make them too oily..i prefer mine tht way.

  11. Cokeworld Citizen // July 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

    Buzzingbee:
    Hehe you should. Its really good :)

    thenomadGourmand:
    Cannot find in KL? Hehe its a sign that you shud open one. People would flock to it lol...

    Hey yalo...that stupid stall in Pulau Tikus doesn't want to add another egg for my pancake. And that was the last time i visited the stall LOL!

  12. Lingzie // July 22, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

    reading your post makes me crave for it liao! lol
    it's really good hoh? better than the pulau tikus one. :)

  13. Cokeworld Citizen // July 22, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

    Lingzie:
    Hahaha ya I kinda miss it now also...The auntie's pancake is hundred times better definitely :D Unbeatable!