I was chatting with my friend on MSN...

S: Hey you know my friend told me there is a stall selling Maggi Goreng better than Pak Ali's.
Me: Really ar? Where?
S: At Gurney Plaza.
Me: Har? Gurney Plaza got Maggi Goreng?
S: Yalah...Gurney Plaza Food Court.

Ever since that day's conversation, S wanted to go try out the fried instant noodle. She also added...

Me: Sedap anot?
S: Tak sedap I go hentam their kepala!
Me: Ok...

Before S leave for the States, she wanted to get some stuff at Gurney Plaza and I was around that area on that day too, so we met up. When we walked up to the stall, there were quite a number of people at the stall.

While waiting for the noodles, we found out that this uncle had worked in Ferringhi Beach Hotel for 30 years and suddenly he decided to open a stall. He knows how to cook many types of food. One of the stall's specialty is Nasi Lemak but we only decided to try the Maggi Goreng.

Funny thing was instead of Maggi (or sometimes Cintan), he used Mi Sedaap brand instant noodles. Mi Sedaap originates from Indonesia and I have not try this brand before.

The noodles were not bad. Apart from the noodle's seasoning, he also added his own concoction of sauce which I think was mainly tomato ketchup and sos cili. Hahaha... Quite a lot of ingredients added compare to Pak Ali. There were potato cubes, taukua cubes, vege, bean sprouts and 2 prawns.

A plate of this cost RM4.50...Pak Ali's Maggi Goreng is priced at RM3 with only 2 eggs :P Your call to say if the noodle is worth it or not. The stall is located at Gurney Plaza so go figure.

Location:
Gurney Plaza Food Court,
Stall no.12.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

8 comments

  1. Sugar Bean // May 7, 2009 at 1:45 AM  

    A nice place for maggi goreng I guess, cheap and tasty. Good food in Penang, we should plan a trip to Penang just for food. :)

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // May 7, 2009 at 4:05 AM  

    Sugar Bean:
    Hahaha Penang is always a good choice for food. The Maggi Goreng is located in the mall's food court. At least, the area is air conditioned and one can go there anytime after window shopping (in my case...hahaha)

  3. New Kid on the Blog // May 10, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

    I think you're the first one posting Gurney Food Court food... :)

    BTW, the mee goreng looks good!

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // May 10, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

    NKOTB:
    Hahaha I think so too. Given so many options to eat at Gurney Plaza. I guess food court would be one's last choice XD

    Well, its certainly better than some of the stalls I'd tried.

  5. cariso // May 13, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

    OK, i shall give it a try. :)

  6. Cokeworld Citizen // May 13, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

    Cariso:
    You wouldn't think there's anything worth trying at Gurney Food Court hor? The uncle operated for a year ady, now only I found out from my friend XD

  7. thenomadgourmand // May 18, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

    lol. mee goreng at Gurney food court?? thts something new! but RM4.50 ok laa..rent there is expensive!

  8. Cokeworld Citizen // May 19, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

    thenomadgourmand:
    haha the least expected place to people I think. Yupz rent expensive and if not...cut throat-ing~