Penang RICE

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 4:26 PM | , , , | 3 comments »

I was sooo sick (came in package: flu, sorethroat, cough) yesterday, nearly KO due to

Wait, this is only the begining. Mixed Vietnamese Pohpiah. The fried one is delicious. It's not those ordinary sengkuang pohpiah. It's stuffed with yam and some other ingredients but I really thought I tasted dried squid. Too bad, all brown brown kenot identify : P The sauce was so so. Not sour.

Then comes this Spicy Bean Salad made of sotong, mung bean noodles (glass noodles), kacang botong, prawns, chicken and loads of thai style kerisik. Very aromatic dish and don't get decepted by the look of this dish...OMG, its so spicy! According to Durianberry, its was even spicier when she had it the other day O.o But again, not sour. So there goes, my mucus flowing out from my nose like leaked pipe XP

@.@ hot! hot! But love the crunchy, refreshing feel of the salad.

Actually, we ordered Tom Yam also but din take any pictures because I was busy with my 'leaked' nose. The tom yam was good. It tasted similar to what I had in Phuket. Unfortunately, not sour enough. The one we ordered is "Nam Sai" Seafood Tom Yam that has additional santan. "Nam Goong" is the clear soup. I am not sure if I got the correct term cuz mucus starts flowing again and got worse =.=...

Lastly a dessert only available upon order. Not on menu. This is the kind of dessert where all Thai restaurant usually serves. No? Gelatine coated water chesnut and Nangka strips with santan. Served cold : ) not bad ler but quite pricey, RM3 per bowl and its small.

Total damage : RM45 for 3

Verdict: Quite authentic

This restaurant is located at 1926 Hotel, Burmah Road. Didn't get the card and flyer, forgot.

: P After the meal, I couldn't even think straight and look half dead. Fortunately, a drink saved me....

Stay tune...

Happy drooling : ) and Happy CNY!!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // February 6, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

    Yeah that dessert is very common in Thai restaurants. I like it!

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // February 6, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

    XD I forgot to mention I am a sucker at anything raw santan...yumz

  3. Cokeworld Citizen // February 13, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

    haha not only that, location also good : ) if eat not enough at rice can walk up to Green House for hokkien mee and further up for apom balik and if early wantan mee also got! hohoho