Penang Road Teochew Chendol

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 3:52 PM | , | 6 comments »

Whenever I am taking the car (especially on a super hot day), I would drive all the way to Penang Road for a bowl of cooling ais kacang. Steps away from this stall, you could sense the hype centered around it. While walking towards it, you can smell the sharp sweet sugary aroma of red syrup and as you get nearer, the shiny black gula melaka smell lightly wafts by....ohhh...I can just stand there whole day. Hahaha...





I'd never capture any footages when I visit the stall. Guess its time to do so. And might do a repost on Ais Tingkap. hehe just to show the rest of the world that Penang is worth coming for.

So far, they are the only stall that serves ais kacang that I could smell feets away O.o yeah sweet have smell too! I love it ~


This guy works like machine lolz...I think you noticed it in the video.
Apart from chendol, they also sell drinks. My favourite drinks would be the air pegaga [Hydrocotyle asiatica(scientific) , Indian pennywort(English), Mandukaparni(India)] and red syrup with biji selasih (tadpole like seed). I can drink a liter of the green liquid : ) But some people couldn't accept the grassy smell.

Please be aware that there are 2 stalls selling the same thing. The famous one would be the stall beside a kopitiam. Forgot the name.
Happy drooling!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

6 comments

  1. Precious Pea // February 4, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

    I had this ages ago. This is at the land rite?

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // February 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

    island...haha nvm ler there are tons of good food in KL.

  3. Jason // February 5, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

    Me tak pernah makan ini!

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // February 5, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

    eh tot u come to penang before wan.

  5. Anonymous // February 6, 2008 at 12:34 AM  

    eh eh i just ate this last weekend :P so many stalls also claiming to sell teochew cendol beside the real one lol

    very messy after eating.. fingers will get sticky hehe. Nice photo of the ice kacang, very colorful!

  6. Cokeworld Citizen // February 6, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

    yeah! everytime I go there I will say to myself "Order Chendol" but approached the stall ady order ais kacang =.= i am such a sucker at ais kacang.