Finally! My mind was turning on and off...my body is shivering in the freezing exam hall...lastly, my stomach has wander off somewhere...Can't blame it. I let the poor thing starved almost a whole day. All the brain could think of is this...






Steaming hot putu with real brown cane sugar (Molasses)! Not many people serve that type of sugar anymore. Don't be shock with the amount, its not overly sweet.

I think you realise its cylindrical shape and not like the usual putu we find on the streets. Hm...not sure why but I know they call these cylindrical putu as Putu Buluh. Small bamboo containers made by cutting the bamboo (with smaller circumference) into a certain height. Then, the seller would fill it up with the flour and steam it. Of course, time has change and bamboo has to give way to the stainless steel.

Happy steaming...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

8 comments

  1. Precious Pea // April 23, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

    Oooiii girl...sorry that I can't make it for the Jalan Alor food trail tomorrow. But hope you enjoy your makan trip in KL!

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // April 27, 2008 at 2:04 AM  

    precious pea:
    hey hey no problem...was surprised u called...thats why I sound kinda kaku XD....aiyoyo...

  3. jillies // December 27, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

    Any idea where this stall has disappeared to? In my previous trip to Penang I found out that they've moved elsewhere but never found it.

    *cries*

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // January 7, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

    jillies:
    aiks...really? I didn't know that! Why so many stalls close down lately or disappear??? Sad...

  5. jillies // January 7, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

    ya lor! supposedly the guy is now somewhere in Little India, but I went around totally no sign of him liao. :( :( :(

  6. Cokeworld Citizen // January 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

    probably he retired :P

  7. jillies // April 28, 2011 at 11:56 PM  

    Ehhh, I found the guy back! Haha! He's at Little India! Specifically @ Lebuh King. XD

  8. Cokeworld Citizen // May 2, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

    wow cool! after a year! LOL