Busy, busy, busy

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 5:46 PM | | 3 comments »

Sorry for the very long hiatus : P My life was like a puzzle with pieces strewn all over the place and worst part is, it needs to be pieced back together FAST. After the Sarawak trip, loads of stuff were pending. Then I had to be quick and settle most of the things before Langkawi trip. After Langkawi trip, I had to race against time to complete assignments and projects. By then, I haven't gone back home for almost 3 weeks. All weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) were spend at my campus' museum either completing the project or attending a workshop. In short, everything has to be FAST, FAST, FAST!

Despite being busy, I still eat ;) This was a meal I had with 2 Singapore based artist from NTU (Eileen Anastasia Reynolds the stop motion animator and Joan Marie Kelly the portrait artist) together with TC and museum staff. These 2 foreigners love Malay food a lot so they were brought to Rumah Tetamu just behind the museum for lunch. Fried fish, raw herbs and sambal belacan kangkung. I only recognise pegaga tho : P The food was ok but its packed with all sorts of people, the Punjabi, Malays, Chinese... Anyway, its my first time eating at Rumah Tetamu. Basically, this eatery is located at the other side of the hill, so go figure.

After lunch that day, I continue to help out a bit with their exhibition setup and got to understand the story behind the paintings and how they come about. We talked a bit and found out some of the art pieces were based on their criticism towards Singapore.

This picture above is Marmite Chicken from Gim Hin Cafe, Sungai Dua. After continuous busy right up to the last day of class, my friends and I decided to have a meal together. This would be the first meal I ever had, peacefully and deliciously...lol...I haven't heard of other places serving marmite chicken. What ever it was, we just wallop everything on the table.

Now I am glad that my life returns to nor....mal.... pace...

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // November 3, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

    Hahaha... is that considered as normal pace? :p
    Welcome back.

  2. Krista Goon // November 10, 2008 at 6:26 PM  

    You know, I missed your food rants. ;-) Talk about being greedy. You're probably the only flogger I read regularly! Thanks for the heads up about the fried bak kut teh we had that night. It was superdelicious! I am a purist when it comes to BKT so I was pleasantly surprised at the taste. You should blog about this place. Thanks for your hard work and creative ideas too. Nic and I truly appreciate your enthusiasm and passion!

  3. wmw // November 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

    Wah, your snail so terror one...it goes "vroom"! hehehe...