Penang Gurney Plaza - Big Apple Donuts

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 4:45 AM | , , | 6 comments »

I still remember the day when my friend told me Big Apple was coming to town. I was thrilled and couldn't wait for Missy Donuts' days to be over.

I still enjoy their Californian Almond donuts and I never bought another Missy Donuts after my first try. Yes, it was that horrible.

One afternoon, I was at Big Apple to grab some donuts and they happen to have some sacks of flour delivered to the outlet. Apparently, the flour is Cap Bunga Mawar, some local brand flour lol. But of course its the best flour around since the colonial era. Imported flour from Australia perhaps?

Now the question is, if the flour from JCo is from USA when JCo and Big Apple donuts technically have the same texture?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

6 comments

  1. Allie // January 3, 2009 at 1:44 AM  

    I luv big apple donuts!

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // January 3, 2009 at 2:19 AM  

    Allie:
    I love them too...hm make that only durian, californian almond and cheese :)

  3. Anonymous // January 6, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

    Wah... I remember reading that Big Apple using premix flour from US wor...

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // January 6, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

    jason:
    really? So its Tepung gandum Cap Mawar from United States? LOL

  5. Cheryl Wee // January 11, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

    answer to your question : hardly (i guess?)

  6. Cokeworld Citizen // January 11, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

    Cheryl Wee:
    I felt that way too. Hahaha...But no one seems to bother tho. I bet no even knows they were suppose to have donuts made from US premix flour...lol...the donuts ain't cheap :S