No wonder this restaurant sounds familiar. It's the steamboat restaurant at Tanjung Tokong that always runs out of car park with a chef that grills whatever weird food combination (japanese tofu & crabstick?) that you give him. However that's another story to tell.

I was attracted to the restaurant when I was passed by. So I suggested this place when my aunt asked where to eat the day after.

Wonder if the water feature is for feng shui purposes? Haha but the water sound sure make us feel relaxed.
Interior was pretty good and I like the huge windows which makes the restaurant looked more spacious. You can see that a Caucasian couple patronizes this restaurant and they ordered white wine to go with the Hong Kong style food.

After we made our orders, the waiter confirmed if 10 bowls of rice were to be served :S There were only 5 of us. Did we order that much?

We started off with some appetizer, French Style Smoked Duck. Small portion but the taste made up for it.
The meat wasn't hard as its smoked till medium rare and they probably use the standard ingredients to smoke the duck.
The smoked duck slices were meant to be eaten by sandwiching them in between halved mini mantou-s with cucumber. This appetizer was also served with fried crispy beancurd sheets.

Next was fried beancurd with ma po sauce. I don't find anything special about the dish except that the beancurd was relatively smooth.

Then comes the watercress spare rib soup and papaya spare rib soup. Both soups are double boiled sufficiently. They taste just as good as home cooked soup. Papaya soup sounded a bit odd at first but it wasn't bad. Light and sweet tasting soup.

It's been a long time since I had watercress soup. It's my favorite and it has a cooling effect. Good for those who are heaty!

We also ordered steam red snapper. The fish was over-steamed. Thus the rough meat. It could be because of the lunch hour crowd and they forgotten to get the fish out on time :P

Not long after that, main dishes were served. Fried french beans was full of wok hei, cooked perfectly and not heavily flavoured.

Stir fried venison with vegetables and mushroom is another dish worth trying. The meat was soft and again not heavily flavoured.

I ordered Three Cup Chicken as I never tried it before. Besides, quite a number of tables have a claypot of this. This dish has a handful of shallots, pieces of garlic and some Thai Basil which made up the distinctive smell. Pretty good.

A favourite dish of mine is braised yuen choy with 3 types of eggs (salted egg, chicken egg and century egg). I just love the soft vege as I don't have to use so much energy to munch it. However the broth wasn't that good tho.

Just to fill the dessert quota, I ordered honeydew sago while my aunt and grandpa ordered Almond Tea (杏仁茶) and double boiled hashima respectively. Still I prefer Jade Palace's Honeydew Sago with ice-cream.

Total damage was RM199 including tax and water. What say you? The restaurant's business is brisk, so it should be worth trying. The 5 of us had all those dishes with white rice. Don't think its too much as the portions were small. Another thing you should be beware of is the restaurant service. Avoid lunch hour crowd if you could, else your appetizer arrives after you finish your rice and main dishes.

I guess my "hilangkan spare tyre" project went to drain again. Why can't Nike come up with a shoe that could swoosh my fats away?

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 10, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

    If Nike can come up with a shoe liddat, I'll be the first to grab it! :P

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // December 10, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

    Jason:
    Hehehe I am sure the whole world would want a pair of those fat swooshing shoes. At least cheaper than Marie France Bodyline!

  3. Unknown // August 19, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

    ooo... the dishes look so yummy!!! are they expensive?

    Here I bought a sauce pack so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
    http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com