I have been wanting to try this wood fire pizza for a long long long time. I was still in secondary school when I spotted this stall. Until recently, my friend told me about it...hmm make that my friend's Kelantan friend told her and she passed on the message :)

Special, no? I don't have to go to some poncy Italian restaurant for a wood fire pizza for a start.

And followed by warm greetings from the aunty. Of course, when there are piles of orders, she can't smile at you and wait for your order.

My friend and I agreed to have Hawaiian Chicken pizza since its popular among customers, according to the aunty. The pizza was then made and skillfully baked by the uncle behind the brick stove. Pizza was done in about 10 minutes.

This is what I call skillfully baked wood fire pizza. Not even a single bit of it was burnt!

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, didn't bring my camera. I went on a separate day for the pizza. When I visited the stall for the first time, the aunty told me I had to wait for almost 2 hours if I want my pizza :S Turns out to be someone ordered a number of pizza for a birthday bash party.

The pizza was delicious. It's not the thin type but the crust was just nice, inside was still soft with crispy outer layer and not oily at all. The only thing that was oily is the melted cheese. Fresh chicken meat was used coupled with canned pineapple bits. Pizza base pesto was pleasantly sweet and tasty. Not overwhelming or super sour. Very contrast to much flavourful Frankie's Pizza.

But on second thoughts, what's the difference between wood fire pizza and an oven bake one? Why people swears by wood fire pizza? No burnt pizza? Foldable pizza crust? Flavours fused better? Additional smokey flavour? I can't seem to pin point the reason :P Any enlightenment from you all?

RM11 per pie (medium). Not exactly cheap either. The stall only opens at night.

Absolutely going to try other flavours as well and to find out why wood fired is preferred.

Location:


View Larger Map

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments

  1. J2Kfm // January 19, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

    for its authenticity, I guess. and the smokey wood-fire imparted flavour.

    but judging from the pic, lacking in ingredients, no?

  2. Anonymous // January 19, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

    Yeah, from the picture, the ingredients seems very little.

    Wood fire baked usually have slight smoky flavour...

  3. Cokeworld Citizen // January 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

    J2Kfm:
    Ya maybe u are right. Haha the ingredients are in moderate amounts. Covered by cheese mostly. Prolly have to order large wan kot.

    Jason:
    RM11 for a regular. Next time I tell the aunty you all say the ingredients little. Wahahaha! See what she will say.

    All I know is, we keep inhaling the smoky smell for the past 10 to 15 minutes. The smoke didn't fly towards my direction tho.