Sungai Pinang Food Court - Day time

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 1:41 AM | , | 12 comments »

It was a difficult day to me. Did not sleep for the past 24 hours but eventually had 1/2 hour power nap at some place with sofa LOL. My biological clock was turned upside down for the past 1+ month and I think its time for me to turn back the clock. The only way for me to do it was to refrain myself from sleeping till the normal sleeping time reaches :P

While refraining myself from sleeping, I tag along with my parents to Sungai Pinang Food Court again but this time, we visited the place during broad daylight. As I'd mentioned, the food court was located beside Jelutong Express Highway (Sungai Pinang exit if you're coming from Weld Quay).

I took this opportunity to snap a wide photo of the food court just to roughly show you all the place.
(Click the picture below to have a clear view)

This place was airy and not as hot as I thought (maybe due to cloudy day). With all the slits on the roof, air could come in better but with a slight problem. Will explain as you read further.

My parents, aunty and grandpa had economical rice while I had claypot curry chicken. Yupz, they are opened during day time as well. Some stalls do open during day time and the food court was not pack during such hour.

Economical rice was economical rice. No comment about it except for the price which was slightly pricey. I think nothing is not pricey there haha.

Here's the Claypot Curry Chicken (RM4.80) I ordered. No appetite for rice so I picked bread. The portion was not really what I'd expected :P Curry chicken only filled half the pot. It was my first time eating curry chicken like that :)

In the curry, there was a whole chicken wing (with some meat) and a couple medium chunks of potato. Despite the minimal portion, the curry taste pretty good. Chicken was very tender. Either its because I had the wing or they really did a good job at cooking the curry haha!

The gravy was quite good. It had a rich herby flavour and I think they had a lot of lemongrass in it which made it taste refreshing (rather than jelak) in a way. But on the other hand, you might feel less refreshing just by looking at the oil LOL. Not too salty when the potatoes absorbed most of the saltyness. Just right to dip your bread into the gravy and savour it :)

Don't be surprise if the gravy seems a bit more watery than usual. The curry chicken was kept warm in a claypot. I guess they tried to avoid the curry from being dried out towards the end of the meal/during the heating claypot process. Its flavourful enough so it didn't really matter.

The moment I finished my lunch, it rained so hard that I couldn't even hear what my mom was talking in front of me :S And thats when the place got soaked. Remember the slits on the roof for better air ventilation? Apparently, its not so good after all especially on a stormy day. Wind was blowing strongly and blew in the rain as well. So all the customers who sat at the 'ventilated' area moved to other dry places.

My family and I quickly move to the front of MS Cake House hehe. While waiting for the rain to slow down, I took pictures of the cake house too.

Not sure how the cake taste like but they look fresh though...

I also saw a wedding cake in display. Err...fake I assume. 5 tier cake seems not very possible hor?

Anyway, the dolls look cute hahaha.

Finally rain slowed down a little and managed to leave = . = Although we took refuge at a dry place, our clothes still end up slightly damped.

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

12 comments

  1. liza // June 26, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

    The wedding cake is looking so cute and its dolls are also looking nice.
    but you can cut your shopping bill by using printable discount coupons at www.clickmycoupon.com.

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // June 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

    liza:
    Ya it is ;)

  3. cariso // June 26, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

    Wah,like that must not go during rainy days loh uh?!

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // June 27, 2009 at 3:43 AM  

    cariso:
    Hm can say so :P If it happens when the place is crowded, good luck to u lah XD

    Hope they will do something to overcome the problem...

  5. Food For Tots // June 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

    The curry chicken looks so delicious! I prefer bread than rice to pair with it. Btw, hope you have more quality sleeps now. ;)

  6. Cokeworld Citizen // June 29, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

    Food For Tots:
    Curry chicken and bread seems to be the all time inseparable pair to many of us hahaha. Thanks. I've successfully turned back the clock and all normal for now XD

  7. Unknown // June 29, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

    ah..... that's mean can go brakfast liao? ^-^ I Sat in front of MS Cake Shop in my previous visit. But was too crowded. ^-^

  8. jason // June 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

    The curry looks divine. But I find it quite weird to eat curry with bread...

  9. Cokeworld Citizen // June 29, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

    jason:
    wah use sampai the word "divine" XD hahaha but i thought its a norm wor cuz there are people selling curry wrapped with bread and Ipoh got sell ma. or was it another place :P hahaha

  10. Anonymous // July 31, 2009 at 4:14 AM  

    you guys can try char koay teow i find it the taste good and reasonable price just RM3.each time i went there i wont miss it BELIEVE ME U MUST TRY IT

  11. Cokeworld Citizen // July 31, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

    Anonymous:
    RM3 but the portion is little. CKT not bad.

  12. Sun // September 4, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

    I Like n like MEE UDANG @ Food Court S.Pg. BElieve me all of u must try. This is MEE UDANG TELUK KUMBAR. SEDAP. Nice and the price reasonable. U can get the good taste there. Then his plate beautiful. Big portion. U see first u will be interested to Try.