After the last day of exam, I did not visit any of the eateries in Sungai Dua area until a couple of weeks ago I bunked over at my friend's place for a week and I finally get to have some dim sum.

Well, it's very difficult for me to get up early as my sleeping time was turned up side down :P

My friends and I were very hungry so each of us grabbed the items we liked and start shoving. LOL

I had a bowl of porridge (皮蛋艘肉粥) with lots of ginger :D Me and my friend had a bowl each.

Then Steamed Prawn Dumpling (Har Mai). I prefer har mai over siu mai. Siu mai tend to have a weird smell so I hardly pick it when I yum cha.

My friend had Lo Mai Kai and I tried some. It tasted okay but the glutinous rice was a bit too soft.

This is my favourite Kaya Pau, RM1 each :)

Although they called it Kaya Pau, the filling was actually pandan lotus paste. Smooth and not too sweet. Good.

I also picked a plate of Deep Fried Prawn Roll (腐皮炸虾卷). The prawn roll can be quite oily regardless how good they fry it but I still dip it in mayo and eat it anyway lol...

Another sweet item I picked was egg tarts (酥皮蛋挞). Somehow I felt this multilayered type of tart base is better than the cookie one.

As usual, its fluffy with moist lukewarm egg custard. Yum... Another friend of mine told me that he detected durian smell in it. If not mistaken Maxim also sells Durian Egg Tart. Not sure :P


Total damage = RM21 including tea (with another plate of fried pork roll) Not bad for 3 person.

Location:
2-G-11/12, Pekaka Square,
Lebuh Pekaka Satu, Sungai Dua,
11700 Gelugor, Penang.

Tel: 04-6560915

*Notice: New outlet opening on 22 June 2009 at Gurney Plaza.

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

5 comments

  1. New Kid on the Blog // June 22, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

    in fact i have all the photos but no time to post yet. glad to see yours. :)

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // June 22, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

    NKOTB:
    So many photos and drafts in the folder :P Tak sempat to update...

    Haha this yum cha pictures were taken last month :P Now oni wanna post up.

  3. buzzingbee // June 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

    Haha me too. Lots still in draft left unpost.
    New outlet opening soon? Sounds great!! Hope the quality of food will be maintained if not better.

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // July 1, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

    buzzingbee:
    Hahaha seems everyone the same. I haven't try out the new outlet. As for the old outlet, I dun really like their sets tho :P

  5. Enqvist // October 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

    one of my favorite dim sum restaurant