Although W and me already had pancakes and nasi lemak, there was still some space left for our next stop, Little India which was also just off Beach Street. We vroomed our ways there for a quick stop as the day was getting hotter :P

Kedai Kuih-muih Rawther is my favourite stall to get those samosa-s.

As it was a quick stop, we just slot our motocycles into some empty spaces in front of the shop opposite the Indian kuih stall :D Very difficult to find carpark at this area unless you park at other nearby streets and walk to the stall.

Yupz, the stall is opposite Sri Ganga Store, King Street.

If kuihs are not enough, you can get some snacks from Vickram Sweets and Snacks beside Kedai Kuih-muih Rawther.

Both stalls are located at the corner of the King Street and Market Street cross junction, so its quite easy to spot them.

The kuihs are so cheap right? 50 sen each (Ulundhu Vadai, Masaal Vadai, Kuih Bawang, Kek Suji) except for the Halwa (RM2 each). And they are all vegetarian.

Great Indian fried items here.

I believe this is the Indian's fried Suji Cake. I'd tried once when I was in KL's Little India. It was slightly sweetish and very crunchy.

I am not sure if the orange looking kuih is halwa. Anyone?
*Thanks to Trypanosoma :) now I know the orange looking kuih is Kehsari (probably wrong spelling).

Again, when I reached the stall, the stall owner was preparing the samosa.

Before...

After...Tada! Hahaha

The whole tray of samosa seems to be calling "buy me...buy me lah" LOL Well, sorry lah I can't. Ever since uni finished, I gained 4kg :P

Freshly made Samosa (50 sen each). Absolutely not spicy but the smell and taste was good~ Skin was crispy but not overfried till it becomes hard. Potato filling with green beans was smooth and nicely done. Flavourful yet not too much use of spices.

Location:
Corner of King Street and Market Street cross junction.
Opposite Sri Ganga Store.


View Larger Map

Operating Hours:
Everyday?
Morning to 7pm (until everything sold out)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

10 comments

  1. trypanosoma // July 10, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

    Hi, the orange looking kuih looks like kehsari (spelling mayb wrong) to me.

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // July 10, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

    trypanosoma:
    Hi! Thanks for rectifying. My Indian friend couldn't tell me what was it :P

  3. Jerine // July 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

    paging miss yeap jian ming. miss yeap jian ming, please report your identity.



    wah... can't believe i found your blog!

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // July 14, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

    Jerine:
    Oi oi u think this is supermarket izzit...

    I can't believe you drop by O.o!
    lol

  5. jason // July 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

    OMG, the tray of samosas are so inviting!

  6. Cokeworld Citizen // July 17, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

    Jason:
    Thankiu :)

  7. Krista Goon // July 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

    Yup, the orange cake thingy is definitely kesari. For one of the best kesari, go to the corner lot of Sri Ananda Bhawans (SAB) along Penang Street. It's rich, sweet and satisfying. I've tried the kesari (pronounced kehsaari) at Kayu Nasi Kandar but it's not as fragrant at the one from SAB.

  8. Cokeworld Citizen // July 19, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

    MayaKirana:
    Oh....But I hardly eat Indian kuihs as they are TOO sweet Just one piece of it can take me a whole day to finish up :P Anyway the vibrant colour really attracted me to snap a picture of it.

    I saw SAB has many other kuihs too. Hope to get some kuih susu (shaped like a cookie) from there soon, if there is any.

  9. Rebecca Saw // July 19, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

    luv desserts in all forms but somewht Indian desserts elude me..so overly diabetically sweet!!

  10. Cokeworld Citizen // July 20, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

    thenomadGourmand:
    oooo so I am not the only one XD