Weekend's here and I like riding my motorcycle to places nearby for a roadside fare. Doesn't matter if its for a drink or visiting some packed with people roadside stall. I just felt fun doing so. Provided the sun is half way down the hill XD 

It's been a while since discovering rare hawker stalls like Penang Road Ais Tingkap and Hai Choo Temple Curry Mee. Now comes another underdog.


The Farlim road side laksa or better known as 红灯角十七层老字号叻 沙. This uncle has been selling at this area for about 2 years now and is well received by local Farlim people. An aunty claimed that her son must have his laksa whenever he comes back from KL. Well, that's what I heard from the aunty when she tapao-ed for her son.

A very friendly uncle and he allowed me to snap a photo of him. We chatted a bit and he told me that he use only the freshest fish available. If not mistaken, he uses some other fish instead of ikan kembung and cleans the fish thoroughly. Everytime I visit the stall, the vegetables and pineapples used are always fresh. He only cut bits of bunga kantan (ginger flower) separately when there is an order.


Not much space at the stall, so I had to tapao on a separate day to take photo of the Laksa. When I took my first slurp of the soup, I felt regret. Regret on why I'd only visited the stall after 2 years since he starts selling there. I just love it. No fishy smell. No over-boiled fish broth. The whole bowl of laksa is just fragrant. Just like how a kocha-bi laksa would taste. Not overly sweet. The spiciness was just right.

Verdict? Forget about massly produced Air Itam laksa and Penang Teochew Chendol laksa. This uncle only prepares 2 huge pots of laksa broth.


He gave me a namecard with his contacts.

阿辉 012-476 3311 / 016-441 3311
"Superdelicious laksa for any caterings, any time"


View 红灯角十七层老字号叻沙 in a larger map

Happy weekend~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

7 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

    this laksa taste delicous

  2. lee zb // July 15, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

    i think this is the world delicous laksa

  3. Cokeworld Citizen // July 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

    anonymous: super agree with you! haha
    lee zb: ;)

  4. jason // September 6, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

    Can so relate the delicious-ness by looking at the laksa broth ;)

  5. Grace Ann // November 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM  

    This looks really good, will definitely give it a try! :)

  6. Enqvist // January 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM  

    seem like lot of people doesnt know it existence even myself. going to try it next time.


    Taste...iest
    ✿ 食情画意 ✿

  7. Enqvist // January 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM  

    seem like lot of people doesnt know it existence even myself. going to try it next time.


    Taste...iest
    ✿ 食情画意 ✿