KL Trip 2008 : When The North Meets South

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 5:21 PM | | 10 comments »

Durianberry had posted about our day 2 trip. Hahaha...I should get on with the later part of the day 2. I captured a number of pictures but they turn out worse than I thought :S Only a few pictures are salvage-able...Haih...

Aiks....lizard in the hide! Take cover!

Now....where's the spider??? Here spidey spidey.....


Regardless how old I am, I will still feel 'Touch Poo'l is the best! No matter which aquarium centre I go, I will brave myself to touch them ;) As you can see, this fish is very tame. lolz...At least it didn't bite me when I kept pressing its cheeks XD They are soft destpite its rough skin...hmmm like a finer version of a cement wall?

Durianberry have better pictures, so hop over and enjoy ;)

Pavilion wasn't that far from KLCC actually. We walked there. It's near because we start walking from Aquaria KLCC. There is a distance between Suria KLCC and Aquaria.

First time visiting Pavillion and I was awe-strucked. I absolutely love their al-fresco area! So so so much better than Gurney Plaza.

We finally made way to J.Co Donuts! To save space for other food and Jalan Alor dinner, we only have 2.

Missy Green T and Al-Caponne! I choose you! lolx

I remember Jason asked if the green tea flavor is genuine. Glad to say it is :) No sign of the mooncake green tea flavoring. The Missy Green T taste good! A hint of real green tea smell emerged and lingered after chewing on those cottony soft donuts...Ahh....I feel so green...

Still I have to agree with Durianberry's previous post on J.Co Donuts. This Al-Caponne is much more savory than its green tea counterpart. I was amazed on the chemistry between Belgian white choc sauce with californian almonds! At that very moment, I am very confident that I can down half a dozen without much problem. Anyway, they are smaller than what I initially expected.

Next time I shall down 6 of you!
After having a great time resting our feets at J.Co we move on to John King egg tarts :) I forgot to take pictures of all 6 flavours of egg tarts :S By the way, the durian tarts is worth eating if you don't mind the stinky smell. Whatever flavour you choose, the custards are soft and silky. When paired with cookie crust base, perfect for tea time.

Ah yes, their green tea is of genuine variety. Not mooncake flavouring ;)
Happy times flies by really fast...It's night time before we even finish exploring Pavilion! Jalan Alor here we come! If you didn't try Wong Ah Wah chicken wings you ain't visited Jalan Alor.

Not to forget, first time meeting the KL food bloggers.
We felt more relaxed when they greeted us with smiles despite we being late...sorry ya people.. This time I remember to take pictures of chicken wings but not the people who belanja me and Durianberry XD Aiyoyo...
Wong Ah Wah Chicken Wings


Satay from a stall next to Wong Ah Wah. The peanut sauce came together was special because they added kaffir lime leaves into the sauce. Hence, a certain different light fragrant. Satay was nicely bbq-ed I should say.

Roast Pork Noodle!

Was it just me? I felt the roast pork noodle was a bit salty and not "porky" enough. XD I mean the smell. Actually I thought the dish will be more to the sweet side. Tankiasu thinks the dish was badly prepared. Had a great time chatting and we decided to move on to another place to continue what we do best. Talk and eat. lolz

This time we walked over to a stall opposite of Ngau Kee for fried noodles. I realised KL has a lot of such stalls. It's been a while since I last encountered these bowls. Cute small bowls with weared wooden chopstick. Really felt like I was transported back to the olden days. Thanks to Citygal , we get to take pictures of the fried noodles. We sat at the shops path way and they are badly lit.

This is plate of noodles above is fried mee suah. Hahaha, I kinda like this dish although the vege and seafood was more than the mee suah. More vege less carb = healthy dinner :)

Dried fry hor fun. It wasn't too dry but lacks the flavour. It's amazing to find out everyone has different (I call it) taste-o-meter. Everyone gave different oppinions. I think the noodles were lack a bit of wok hei despite the huge fire and sparks generated at the charcoal stove.

Here's a video of the noodle stall at Tengkat Tong Shin, not far from Jalan Alor.

So a dinner with wonderful food bloggers from KL wrapped up our day 2 trip. Thanks for treating us! Next time should go Seri Kembangan for makan trips. Oh yes, thanx for the lift Tankiasu! My friends appreciate is super-a lot...Maklumlah they shopped 6 hours :P

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

10 comments

  1. Anonymous // May 6, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

    Hehe, I've tasted them too, but I have to say that my friend the Diva is missing them donuts now she's stuck in Saudi Arabia.

    As for the egg tarts, they are good... but I think I overdid them by eating an entire box... every flavour I could find... :P

  2. wmw // May 6, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

    Sorry to have missed you gals when you were around! Next time....;o)

  3. J2Kfm // May 6, 2008 at 2:43 PM  

    oh, such fun (and food) you gals had in KL! the KL floggers should form a team to bring ppl around la. hehe ... cater to us from outer states.

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // May 6, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

    kenny:
    now that u mentioned it....i am missing the donuts now leh...i will over-eat the donuts...

    wmw:
    no problem...next time plan makan at ss2 can? hehe

    j2kfm:
    yeah hor...never thought of that...great idea...but...i havent meet penang bloggers before also :P

  5. Anonymous // May 7, 2008 at 1:22 AM  

    I didn't know the peanut sauce got kaffir lime. In fact I thought the sauce is bland :P Maybe the satay overpowers when I tasted it. Video of the Mr Slow in action.. hehe pretty cool

  6. Big Boys Oven // May 7, 2008 at 2:02 AM  

    I am sue you had a great great time and feast in KL! sorry that we got email late!

  7. Cokeworld Citizen // May 7, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

    durianberry:
    oh? I know its super spicy and got a hint of kaffir lime leaves smell. Hahaha cool? got a lot of "sparks" flying around.

    big boys oven:
    yeah great time eat until puke :P really I did...forgot to mention in post. Its ok ;)

  8. Anonymous // May 12, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

    You're most welcome! ;-) Did you pass my mobile num to your friends since they appreciate my ride so super much? :D Kekekeke...

  9. Anonymous // May 12, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

    Thanks for the extra durian tart ^^ Now it's confirmed that the green tea donuts and tarts are genuine flavours :D

  10. Cokeworld Citizen // May 12, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

    tankiasu:
    aiyoyo...wat you thinking eh?...hehe

    jason:
    no problem la...best not to waste food :S yeah they are but very light oni hahaha...