A Touch of Warmth and Care

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 9:43 AM | , , | 9 comments »

As usual, my routine of the day would be waking up at about 8.20am to get ready for work. Haha the privilege for staying 5 minutes (walk) away from my company.

Anyway, thats not my point. When I woke up this morning, I felt like a zombie. All cold and sleepy, until, I saw a note (written by my housemate a.k.a coursemate) on the toilet's mirror.


"I steamed pau for you. It's in the rice cooker. Have it for breakfast ok? Have a nice day."

I felt so touched and warm just like the steamy pau. I don't know why but I do feel like I have a sister who cared for me. It's been a long time since I felt so. Long story.


At this point how the pau tasted doesn't really matter. But of course the pau is delicious ;) Classic yellowish pau which tasted just right with a hint of sesame. Plus , it doesn't stick to your teeth.
What a great way to start the day...I smiled all the way to work :)

However, when my housemate came back, she told me that everything today seems to be going the opposite direction, not a nice day at all :P

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

9 comments

  1. Anonymous // May 8, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

    pau become my daily breakfast for few weeks back..... eat until wanna muntah...

    but we dun have any other choice....

    kek sim.... I am sorry to my tongue and stomach also... :(

  2. "Joe" who is constantly craving // May 8, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

    wah so nice..i wan pau for breakfast too!

  3. Anonymous // May 8, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

    What a sweet post... Now I've got an idea on how to surprise my dear tomorrow morning when we wake up. Heehee.

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // May 8, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

    penang tua pui:
    oh? the pau was made by my friend and her family. So it was kind of her to give one to me. This morning she had to buy bread to substitute the pau she gave me.

    joe:
    hahaha not bad eh...really a dim sum indeed.

    kenny:
    oh oh...so u gonna steam siu mai or har gao? handmade ar? hehehe happy trying!

  5. J2Kfm // May 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

    ahh... i can sense the warmth from here. :)

  6. Precious Pea // May 8, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

    Awww...so sweet and warm. Lucky you. Do cherish this kind of friend which is hard to come by these days. :)

  7. Cokeworld Citizen // May 8, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

    j2kfm:
    :) glad you did. like precious pea said, cherish people who cared about you.

    precious pea:
    Yeah...very lucky...i know she's a reeeeally nice person at school. Now I have the chance to stay with her, its really an experience I would always remember.

  8. Anonymous // May 12, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

    Wah, such a nice housemate :)

  9. Cokeworld Citizen // May 12, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

    jason:
    yeah...aih...that day i really felt teruk...