I am sure most of the people who went to Kek Lok Si only visited the structure and their famed stinky tortoise pool. The place where I spend my childhood and quite some money throwing kangkung to the tortoise :P Now, although I only live about 5-10 minutes away from it, I hardly visit Kek Lok Si. Anyway, just google about Kek Lok Si for the information.

Sometimes we are lazy. We do not want to go other places for meals after visiting the temple, so we just walk into Kek Lok Si Vegetarian Restaurant to fill up our bellies.


They serve 'chu char' style food and noodles but mostly we only go there for noodles.

Sorry that there are no noodle pictures here. I realised I hadn't taken photos of the noodles after the plates were polished. I've been patronising this restaurant since I was a kid. Despite being very oily and loaded with MSG, the noodle flavours and never changed a tiny bit.

'Stir fried yau mak' is equally as good as the noodle. Full of wok hei.

There is one appetizer worth mentioning. 'Deep Fried Zhai Ngor' (Vegetarian Goose). Everytime we go there, we will definitely order it.

Unlike most of the soggy 'zhai ngor' available at vegetarian economy rice stall, the ones in the picture were served hot, crispy and oily.

If you feel like having some vegetarian food and not afraid of overload-MSG-sakit kepala and lazy to go down hill and think where to eat and look for carpark, the place would be recommended :)

Happy reading~ Amitabha...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

8 comments

  1. danny kwok // January 5, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

    makes me miss the crispy zhai ngor (now I realise that's fried goose)

  2. Anonymous // January 5, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

    long time had been a 'T-Rex', don't know what is the taste of vege..

  3. Precious Pea // January 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

    I love vegetarian goose, that's the only mock meat i like. Long time didn't eat oledi.

  4. Cokeworld Citizen // January 5, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

    Danny Kwok:
    haha I only did direct translation. Sounds weird tho : P Anyway, go get yourself some lah. You can try looking for a vegetarian food supplier. lol

    Han:
    I think after the heaps of chemical they add into those soy protein, you are better off eating the real one : P

    Precious Pea:
    The mock char siew also not bad leh. I hate mock fish! yucks

  5. J2Kfm // January 6, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

    we went there a lot during uni days. but never eaten there, as we chose Ayer Itam places to eat instead. the laksa, for instance.

  6. Cokeworld Citizen // January 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

    J2Kfm:
    I guess when you stay in Penang, you won't be likely eating Laksa or Hokkien mee every day :P

  7. Anonymous // January 6, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

    Hahaha... this is like introducing a bad-for-health eating place :P

  8. Cokeworld Citizen // January 6, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

    Jason:
    ahahaha I have been quite sarcastic lately X)