Lots of work lately and the only thing I would want to do after reaching home is eat, watch tv and sleep like any typical working people :P On a typical weekend, I would either stay home or head over to typical malls. The next thing I might realize after 30 years is I'd lead a typical life all these while...LOL It's just a thought...no worries.

Anyway, I was flicking through my Singapore trip photos and many of them are not posted up yet. Thinking back, one of my special experience was celebrating my aunt's birthday together with her family. For that we got her a cake and not just any cake but a vegetarian one.

We searched many places in Singapore but nil vegetarian cakes. Of course we can get those vegetarian cakes from vegetarian shops but we wanted something different. In short, googling for the cake saves us tons of time instead of scouring the streets. Order online and transfer through ATM...sounds simple but we had to pick the cake all the way at Yishun MRT...Delivery charges is half of the cake's price so go figure.

I can't remember if the decoration is free but the candles cost 60 cents each as they claimed it could give off sparks when lighted. Finally, the person who blows the candle thinks its a prank candle because the flame doesn't go off after every hard blow XD

"d' Avocado is specially created to commemorate BakinCow's 1st year anniversary - combining both the goodness of avocado and green tea, it expressed our heart-felt gratitude & peace seeking aspiration.." - Bakin Cow

Not bad, I quite like the biscuit layer at the bottom and definitely not as heavy as original cheese cakes. The tofu blends well with the cheese and doesn't taste weird at all. However, one wouldn't notice if there is any avocado added. So it would be great if the avocado comes as an additional layer or something. Green tea taste was on the lighter side. Another point I need to mention is the cheese flavor would be less compare to cakes entirely made of cheese.

It doesn't really matter to me. As long as the fat that goes to my spare tyre is halved, no complains.

A really really late birthday post for my aunt XD Happy Birthday!

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

7 comments

  1. Anonymous // March 28, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

    Hi,

    Nice pictures! ;-)

    Sorry abt the sparkling candle. It's suppose to sparkle nicely & lightly and u can blow it off easily. I realised there's quality prob w it. So stopped selling them aledi. I can refund u 60 cents. Juz give me yr acct. i can do bank transfer.

    Meanwhile, have a great weekend!

    cheers!
    Shinni
    BakinCow.com
    Tofu Cheesecake - a sinless indulgence.

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // March 28, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

    Shinni: Thanks for stopping by...ady reply your email...Have a nice week ahead!

  3. Kelly // March 30, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

    Nice cake you got there... and nice thing to do BakinCow.com to do the refund :>

    Just wish I'll be able to try a similar cake soon... :>

  4. jason // April 8, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

    Hehe, so your aunt can eat cheese? :p

  5. Cokeworld Citizen // April 10, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

    jason: ya although vegetarian but she can take dairy products.

    rtfgvb779:
    Yupz...

  6. xiao peng // June 10, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

    May I know where you get sparkling candles please?

  7. Cokeworld Citizen // June 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

    Xiao Peng: Sorry I don't think I can help you on this. Those candles came with our cake order. You would have to ask Shinni, owner of BakinCow.com for more info on the candles :)