Homemade McLeftover Burger

Posted by Cokeworld Citizen | 11:16 PM | , | 3 comments »

At last, I have the mood to scribble something here although today is the bloody first day of the week.

I have been wanting to flip burgers (for my meals, not as an occupation) since I started watching Rachael Ray Morning Show. After receiving a small bag of Paprika, flown all the way from Hungary, I have no excuse to not to flip some.

Paprika is a very foreign spice for me because I'd never incorporate it into any of my experiments be it failed or successful ones. Rachael Ray is damn right in one thing. It makes people go wonder what's in your burger.

Seriously, that bag of Paprika, once opened, it smelled exactly like wolf berries (Kei Chi) minus the tanginess. I SWEAR! But of course, Paprika smells more intense than Kei Chi . On first taste of the raw powder...hmmm it has no taste? It's like having super fine wood dust on your tongue LOL

As I'd said, I flipped some burgers, 6 mini ones in total because I am not like Rachael Ray who prepares food for giants. Literally :P

The process of making the burgers was too gruesome to be photographed so I just show the final outcome :D Absolutely no greens because I think it will alter the taste.

Recipe:
(Patty)
Minced chicken thigh
Some Paprika
Some Coriander seed powder
Salt + Pepper McD
1 egg yolk
1-2 chopped red onions

Mix and shape the patties with your hands. Make sure the middle is thinner than the sides. Otherwise, hard to cook. Pan fry them until its well cooked. How to know? The patty is firm when you nudge it with your wok-chan (cooking spatula). Took a while for it to cook. I didn't note down the time though :P Anyway, just agak-agak. That's what cooking is all about anyway. Just make sure they don't turn out to be cardboards :)

Haven't try but I am sure beef would be a great chicken substitute :D

(Burger setup)
Left over dinner roll - grilled
Left over egg white - pan fried
Left over tomato slice (thickly slice)
Left over cheddar cheese (thickly slice)

(Step)
Cook, stack and squirt some leftover McD tomato sauce (from sachet).

No brainer right? Bon Appetito~


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments

  1. cariso // July 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

    "Anyway, just agak-agak. That's what cooking is all about anyway." - Ha! I fully agree! :)

  2. jason // July 30, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

    Hahaha, love that line! Cooking the Rachael Ray's way!

  3. Cokeworld Citizen // August 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

    cariso:
    agak agak lo...mama's way...lol

    jason:
    I am a mini giant...so I cook the giant's way...bwahahaha!