Hot hot hot! These days, the weather is unpredictable. Just looking outside the window, its enough to make you feel as if your skin is searing under the sun. But the moment you step out, you might be drenched with rain water =.= Scarry. However, it did not stop me from having a bowl of Ayer Itam Curry Mee. The last time I had this bowl of curry mee was many years ago.

When I first tried them, I did not like the taste. The curry smell was pungent. Nevertheless, droves of customers still flock to this stall every evening about 3-4pm onwards.

You have to be early else they would be sold out.

I was skeptical about it at the begining but I tried anyway. Indeed, the soup was different. Instead of those curry powder smell, the current one is much fresher with the use of lemongrass and ginger flower.

The texture of the coagulated blood is a bit different to other stalls. Its like eating duck's blood but just that this one is chunkier and slightly firmer.

Since its was a hot day, we had some See Kuo T'ng (四果汤) as well. The stall has always been located at this tiny lane beside the Ayer Itam Food Court.

There are regular stuff like red kidney beans, white fungus, dried longan, sago balls, jelly strips and barli.

I like it as its chilling and not too sweet. Great way to wash down all the curry mee I telan just now.

This is only one of the curry mee stalls at Pekan Ayer Itam. Lol...

Location:
Beside Air Itam Food Court (Curry Mee stall at the entrance of the alley while See Kuo T'ng is in the alley)
Pekan Ayer Itam, Penang.

Operating Hours:
3pm - 6pm (Close earlier if Curry Mee is sold out)

Happy reading~

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

5 comments

  1. buzzingbee // August 11, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

    This is me and my dad's favourite curry mee stall when he is craving for some curry mee in the afternoon! The soup is fragrant and they are very generous with the ingredients!!

  2. Cokeworld Citizen // August 13, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

    Buzzingbee:
    Ya the soup is good. We normally head over there in the evening with parents.

  3. ck lam // August 17, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

    Went there once and I quite like the curry mee, I even have the additional curry cuttle fish/sotong.

  4. Unknown // August 22, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

    Hi there,



    I would like to introduce myself as Paramjot Singh Khalsa. I am a Marketing Manager at Chayo Café, a Vegetarian café and a Yoga studio located at 50-1 Kelana Mall Jalan SS6/14 Kelana Jaya, Selangor Malaysia.

    I have been reading your articles on your blog for a while and found out that your articles are really helpful for people to know what is going on in the city and keeping them aware of the trends. I would like to humbly invite you to come and try our meals and experience our friendly and cozy environment in which we offer a nice and healthy herbal tea which is imported from USA and Netherland. We also serve an organic Coffee such as Chayo Spice, Chayo Thai (a wonderful combination of Coffee with coconut flavor). Apart from those drinks, we also have nice smoothies, shakers and not to forget our lovely snacks. We have tasty varieties of Chat Snacks, such as, Samosas, Spring Rolls, Potato Onion Bhaji, Bombay Toast, Potato Pakora, Cheese Fingers, Tortilla Wrap with Salsa, etc.

    We also serve you with Northern Indian Lunch and dinner set and healthy western menu.



    Please feel free to come and experience our hospitality,

    You are reach me at 0196886559 or 03 7806 2675



    Look forward hearing from you soon



    Best Regards

    Paramjot Singh

    Paramjot@chayo.com.my

  5. Cokeworld Citizen // August 22, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

    ck lam:
    when was the last time you went? Cuz I find that the taste was a bit different from my last visit.

    Paramjot:
    Thanks for visiting my blog :)